FCA US LLC technical business leaders received honors for their career achievements at the annual Women of Color STEM Conference held October 5-7 in Detroit.
The Women of Color Conference honors the significant achievements of women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) professions. The conference ensures that the accomplishments of outstanding women in technical fields are highly visible to industry professionals, government officials and students.
“The Women of Color Awards celebrate some of the country’s most promising and influential female business and community leaders,” said Kelly Tolbert, Head of Diversity, FCA US LLC. “FCA US is proud that our women leaders are consistently recognized among such accomplished honorees.”
FCA 2017 Women of Color Award Recipients
Chairman’s Award: Recognizes an elected or appointed leader who makes innovative financial or diversity decisions and recommendations to corporate or community leadership
- Keera Riddick – Electrical Engineering Components
Technology All-Stars Award: Recognizes accomplished professionals who have demonstrated excellence in the workplace and in their communities.
- Sohaila Feizy-Marandy – Interior Electromechanical Design
- Mary Camilla Raju – PentaSAP Procurement
Technology Rising Stars Award: Recognizes young professionals who are helping to shape technology for the future.
- Paulina Almada – Powertrain Automatic Transmissions
- Pallavi Annabattula – Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Gabriela Perea Aguirre – HVAC Systems
- Tianna Barnes – Quality Control, Warren Stamping Plant
- Shin Boulware – EMC Components
- Caron Drake – World Class Manufacturing, Jefferson North Assembly
- Lora Faraon – Electrical Engineering
- Hong Geng – Powertrain Virtual Engineering Programs
- Aisha Johnson – Human Machine Interface & Ergonomics
- Erika Keeling – Pressroom, Sterling Stamping Plant
- Divya Myneni – Active Noise Cancellation
- Dr. Neeharika Anantharaju – Vehicle Safety/Crash Engineering
- Nikkita Soni – Digital Marketing
- Sangeeta Theru – Powertrain HIL & Validation Tools
Over the years, FCA US employees consistently have earned important technical professional recognition from various diversity organizations, including Black Engineer of the Year, Women of Color, HENAAC Great Minds in STEM and others, reflecting the Company’s strong commitment to developing its diverse workforce.
Additionally, the Company actively supports initiatives that aim to increase the number of college-bound minority students in the STEM pipeline. For instance, FCA US partnered with Florida International University (FIU) to sponsor a STEM education initiative called “Engineers on Wheels.” The program features mobile classrooms, bringing hands-on engineering and science experiments and experiences to South Florida K-12 schools, and to the community at large. FIU annually graduates the largest number of Hispanic engineers in the U.S., and is one of the country’s top institutions for graduating African-American engineers.